Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Back in the Groove II



Top O'the mornin to You.


Where did I leave off?


The next step in the bracelet/cuff. . All Celtic art starts in the head and materializes via paper patterns on a multitude of objects. Personally I try to find a functional purpose for all things to which I apply Celtic art. So the first step is to make a copy of the area to which I am to engrave my design. The first image here is a section of the 205x 10mm strip along with the tools involved.


The next step is to divide the strip into a grid and then the dots in each of the quadrants and a basket pattern is laid out in pencil before being done in ink. Here you can see the cuff opened with the catch that has the trademark on it. In the next picture you can see how it looks closed and a ruler and a new copper cent gives you an idea of the size. The measurements are 51x 60mm oval and 3mm thick, yet only weights 23 grams since it is hollow.
While you are doing that, I'll get ready with the next step.
Have a great Day.
RD

No comments: